How do I wash my pads?
- Before first-use: We recommend pre-washing your pads before first time use. This helps to activate the absorbent fibers.
- After use: Rinse pads in cold water or leave them to soak overnight to prevent staining. Just add them in with the rest of your wash and a normal detergent - 30 or 40 degrees, or hand wash with warm water and soap.
- After washing: stretch your pads back into shape if required, and hang to dry. Do not tumble dry on high heat as this may cause shrinkage.
Can I use fabric softener?
- Please avoid fabric conditioner as it reduces the absorbency of the material.
How do I attach my pad?
- Our pads attach the same way that a disposable does. You simply put them into your underwear with the soft gray layer facing up. Fold the wings underneath your underwear, snap the poppers in place and you’re good to go.
Is there a front and a back side?
- There's no front or back side. You simply put them into your underwear soft gray layer facing up and attach the popper wings on the underside making for a secure fit and then you’re good to go.
What is the difference between the light, medium and large pads?
- Our Panty Liner/Light Flow pads are 22 cm long and have an odour-absorbing bamboo charcoal fleece layer, 1 ultra-absorbent microfiber layer and an outer barrier of waterproof PUL fabric to keep you secure and comfortable.
- Our Medium Flow pads are 25.5 cm long and have an odour-absorbing bamboo charcoal fleece layer, 2 ultra-absorbent microfiber layer and an outer barrier of waterproof PUL fabric to keep you secure and comfortable.
- Our Heavy Flow pads are 30.5 cm long and have an odour-absorbing bamboo charcoal fleece layer, 3 ultra-absorbent microfiber layer and an outer barrier of waterproof PUL fabric to keep you secure and comfortable. Use them as overnight pads, during heavy flow, and postpartum. The Heavy Flow pads have 2 poppers on a wing for a snug fit and you can easily identify them from the Medium Flow Pads (1 popper).
How do I change my pads when I'm out and about?
- With every set you will find a handy wet bag. Each bag has 2 compartments - to store your clean and used pads. Once used, simply fold and close the used pad and pop it in one of the compartments. The wet bags are waterproof, and discreet.
How often do I need to change my pads?
- The pads are super absorbent and depending on your flow we recommended changing time between 2-4 hours - but this really does depend on the individual.
Will my pad leak?
- Our pads are made using high-quality super absorbent inner layers. The top layer is fleece with embedded bamboo charcoal to neutralise odours. The middle 2 - 3 layers are absorbent microfibre and the outer layer is a waterproof PUL fabric. Our pads also have premium bamboo charcoal on the wings of the pad to catch any possible over flow.
- We do recommend changing to suit your needs to reduce the chance of leaks, recommended changing time between 2-4 hours - but this really does depend on the individual and their flow.
Can pads be used postpartum?
- Yes, our heavy range pads are perfect postpartum. They're made of high quality chemical-free materials, soft, comfortable and super-absorbent.
How do I store used pads?
- Our washable period pads come with a waterproof, zippered pouch where you can store your used pad safely and securely. Each bag has 2 compartments - one for clean pads and one for used pads.
Will there be any odour when using my pads?
- As long as you change pads when required, and wash as we recommend - then there should not be issues with odour.
What type of underwear should I wear?
- We recommend well/snug fitting underwear. High Lycra material underwear in particular works very well.